The doctors run daily telephone surgeries during which many medical problems or queries can be dealt with. This saves time for both you the patient and for doctors.
Telephone consultations can be used for
- Any medical problem that you think can be dealt with over the telephone, thereby saving a surgery appointment or house call.
- Laboratory and x-ray results usually from the doctor who has ordered the investigation if they have asked you to ring them.
- A medical condition that a doctor or practice nurse has asked to review over the telephone.
- Patients who need medication alteration/additions after hospital outpatient appointments, daycare procedures or inpatient admissions.
- Patients requiring an update/review of some of their repeat prescriptions.